Τετάρτη 20 Ιουλίου 2016

"Whatever exists around us - whether man or object - is unique and deserving of our respect..."



Bilomba-Kempe-Matamba, DRC (from here & here)

They say that respect is earned, and cannot be demanded.
I could never "digest" those Frankish prim-and-proper quotes that spring from a miserly law-abiding, rationalistic criticism. To me, this kind of attitude is dictated by a commercial-like, law of exchange: Respect me, so I can respect you;
Scare me, so I can respect you; Impress me, so I can respect you; Prove that I need you, so I can respect you. This is an ignoble, unmanly attitude, which lacks grandeur. I think the eastern soul is far more respectful, wise and big-hearted.
Whatever exists around us - whether man or object - is unique and deserving of our respect. I could pick up a stone or a leaf from a tree and embrace it as something unique and sacred and likewise acknowledge that every single person is unique and unprecedented. Thus, respect - to ache for man and for things - is a holy matter; it is a given thing, from the heart!
I think that prerequisites are for the prim-and-proper, merchant souls, and not for the truly wealthy in soul individuals - those who with eyes wide open glorify the sight of all things as noteworthy and grand, and who do not make mathematical calculations in order to make room inside themselves for the beauty of the cosmos.
  


--- Fr. Panteleimon Krouskos,
Orthodox Christian priest, Greece
From here (translation A.N.) 

Click:

Photo from here

The god called “Earth” 

Photo from here 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου